Saturday, October 29, 2011

Halloween 2011

I was able to get away for the weekend while Danny was in South Dakota pheasant hunting with his dad and brother.  I stayed with my parents in Roy and decided to spend some quality time with the fam.  I planned a night out with my little munchkins (Ellie and Adler).  Uncle Luke and Aunt Shaylee were invited to and I am SO glad they came.  They had this huge side at the start of the Corn Maze that was so fun.  Ellie and Alder went down about 20 times and LOVED every minute.  They got us to go down a couple time with them and it was not the softest side I have ever been on.  Then we went inside the maze.  We let Ellie and Adler lead the way the entire time and within 30 min they had found the end.  I wasn't about to let them get off that quickly so I told a fib and said that I thought that was the beginning so we walked around for anther half hour :). 











After the maze was the pumpkin carving! Ellie hated touching the pumpkin guts because they were so slimy and Adler LOVED every second of it.  We ended up carving pumpkins with George, Stacy and Toad also.  It was a lot of fun and reminded me of just why I LOVE HALLOWEEN so much.  It was kind of cold so we got out the spot light and the portable heater, bundled up and carved away.



Shaylee was gathering all the pumpkin seeds to eat later.

Getting the guts out.

Adler carving.  He was determined to have the BEST pumpkin.

Ellie concentrating and trying not to get frustrated.

Luke carving away.

Me with Hayden.

Ellie and Adler with their pumpkins

Stacy and Adler staying warm.

My two ghost pumpkin.  I was very proud of myself.

George carving away with his crazy artistic ability.  I wish I had gotten a final pic, it turned out awesome!


No comments:

Post a Comment